OPEN POSITION: Executive Assistant
OPEN POSITION: Executive Assistant
Co-founded in 2005 by Robert Redford and his son James, The Redford Center draws on the family’s deep expertise in filmmaking and activism to produce, fund, and fiscally sponsor impact driven media projects that showcase stories of individuals taking action to protect and restore the planet for current and future generations. We are optimistic and hopeful in our storytelling approach. Our films and campaigns are designed to spark honest dialogue that engages new audiences in addressing frontline environmental issues. We are a small, nimble, mission-driven group that greatly values operational efficiency, creative resourcefulness, and happy, fulfilled team members.
The Redford Center is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to support the Executive Director and Board Chair. Reporting to the Executive Director, this individual will also work closely with other staff and consultants to support the organization’s consistent achievement of its goals. This individual must enjoy working in an entrepreneurial, start up environment that is mission and results driven. The ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, manage a broad range of administrative responsibilities, and consistently meet deadlines. Attributes paramount to this position include: superior organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills; a positive and helpful attitude; and the ability to anticipate needs and implement solutions.
- Manage active calendars of appointments, meetings, calls, and travel for the Executive Director and Board Chair.
- Serve as the central point of contact for the office and perform a broad range of administrative tasks for the Executive Director and Board Chair including, but not limited to: composing and preparing VIP correspondence; coordinating meetings and calls; processing expense reports; planning travel and producing itineraries; responding to emails and inquiries in the general email and voicemail boxes; and coordinating mailings.
- Provide support for Redford Center board members, meetings, and activities: help to organize quarterly board meetings and calls; provide meeting materials and food/beverage when necessary; assist with post meeting follow-up as needed; and plan occasional board and staff gatherings.
- Support VIP cultivation and relationship building: help Executive Director manage and maintain regular communication and meeting follow-up; craft and implement creative donor recognition efforts; and assist with all VIP communications and outreach.
- Manage office administration including, but not limited to: scanning, filing, handling mail, office supply purchasing, and keeping office organized and presentable.
- Maintain contact database (Daylite), including entering new contact information, managing and tracking event invitation lists and RSVPs, and creating reports upon request.
- Assist with materials production, including promotional materials and branded items.
- Provide support for special projects and events, and attend as needed. Includes venue and vendor research, management of budget, guest lists, invitations, and catering.
- Manage the team’s documentary club: research and help choose films, formulate discussion questions and run “doc club” portion of the monthly All Team Meeting.
- 3- 5 years of professional administrative experience, preferably supporting high-level individuals.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Superior organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude for being proactive, resourceful, and enterprising.
- Proven ability to prioritize, respond in a fast-paced environment, handle a high volume of work, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Exceptional writing, grammar, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Ability to communicate with VIPs and demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Deep understanding of administrative procedures and best practices.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software and Microsoft Exchange accounts a plus.
- Experience with Mac computers and data management/database programs a plus.
This is a full-time position located in The Redford Center’s headquarters in the heart of The Presidio’s beautiful main post campus in San Francisco, California. The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $65,000 and we offer a competitive benefits package, including assistance with health, dental and vision insurance and participation in a 403b retirement plan.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Jennifer Fish at firstname.lastname@example.org.