OPEN POSITION: Communications Manager
OPEN POSITION: Communications Manager
Co-founded in 2005 by Robert Redford and his son James, The Redford Center draws on the family’s deep expertise in filmmaking and activism to produce, fund, and fiscally sponsor impact driven media projects that showcase stories of individuals taking action to protect and restore the planet for current and future generations. We are optimistic and hopeful in our storytelling approach. Our films and campaigns are designed to spark honest dialogue that engages new audiences in addressing frontline environmental issues. We are a small, nimble, mission-driven group that greatly values operational efficiency, creative resourcefulness, and happy, fulfilled team members.
The Redford Center is seeking a Communications Manager to join our team and help increase visibility of and funding for our programs and the overall organization. This is a tremendous opportunity for a communications professional to join a well-regarded team and a growing organization and to have an immediate impact on our efforts towards addressing today’s most pressing environmental issues. Reporting to the Director of Development and Grants, this individual will also work closely with the Executive Director to help manage and grow The Redford Center brand and funding, playing an integral role in the success of our year-round outreach and development efforts. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker with a deep understanding of social media platforms and campaigns, as well as excellent writing skills. Our ideal candidate is also incredibly organized, a self-starter and someone who enjoys working in a collaborative and fast paced environment.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and Director of Development and Grants, assist with the creation and implementation of effective communication and fundraising strategies and tactics, as well as annual communication and outreach plans.
- Produce and manage all print and electronic collateral: electronic newsletters, impact reports, program materials, annual reports, high-touch VIP communications, appeals and mailings.
- Monitor, track and analyze the effectiveness of communication activities and provide data driven strategies and tactics.
- Draft, edit and proofread all public facing documents and communications.
- Help to identify and engage with strategic communications partners, print and online media partners, outreach partners and corporate partners.
- Maintain The Redford Center’s website, generate content for its social media channels and help to strengthen and grow audiences, leveraging them to support outreach targets and goals, all while managing Redford Center’s vibrant and vocal online communities and providing regular reporting on content performance and overall health of social channels.
- Create and manage a holistic editorial calendar of social content that incorporates relevant third-party stories, original content, and organizational news/updates.
- Support the planning and execution of all Redford Center events, including, but not limited to, speaking engagements, film screenings, conferences and fundraisers.
- Assist with grant writing, submission and reporting, as well as appeal management follow-up, as needed.
- Manage donor records in the organization’s donor database, Daylite, and generate reports as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in communications.
- Development/fundraising experience also preferred.
- Sophisticated knowledge of websites, social media, and other communications related mediums.
- Exceptional attention to detail, interpersonal skills and writing skills.
- Discretion when handling sensitive personal information regarding supporters and prospects.
- Comfort in working with diverse individuals and audiences.
- Experience with event planning and execution.
- Knowledge of/experience with donor databases.
This is a full-time position located in The Redford Center’s headquarters in the heart of The Presidio’s beautiful main post campus in San Francisco, California. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans and participation in a 403b retirement plan.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Jennifer Fish at firstname.lastname@example.org.